My Walk
The topic I have chosen to take my walk with is dating. I have put this aspect of my life to the way side. I live in a very small town and there are not many single men to date. Those that I have dated have come to the conclusion that we would not suet. I have chosen this aspect as many people have suggested online dating. As I have prayed about this I have realized that I need to branch out and meet new people. Each week I have spent 30 minutes researching profiles and looking for people that I may have something in common with. As each week came and went with small success in finding people I was willing to speak with. Each week I tried to find 10 new people to start a conversation with. I can honestly say this is harder than I thought it would be. The ones I want to talk with don't want to talk to me and the ones I don't want to have anything to do with are the ones that wish to talk with me. I have had to learn to change my profile to hopefully distract certain types of guys from contacting me. This last week I have had the most success and had a satisfying conversation with someone. I will continue to work on this as it is a good way to work on my communication skills. If nothing else I could make some amazing friends as I work towards finding a mate to spend my life with.
No comments:
Post a Comment